Soapbox Asylum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Playlist
-34%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-34% LG OLED55B3 – TV OLED 4K 55″ 2023 – 100Hz HDR 10+, ...
919 € 1399 €
Voir le deal

interview recente de john

5 participants

interview recente  de john  Empty interview recente de john

Message  pumfret Ven 17 Avr - 18:01

pumfret
pumfret
Brother
Brother

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

interview recente  de john  Empty Re: interview recente de john

Message  Celtic1981 Lun 20 Avr - 18:51

La version en anglais:

INTERVIEW WITH JOHN HELLIWELL
By ABEL FUENTES
Posted on THE LOGICAL WEB
April 2015

TLW: What is, in your opinion, the secret of “Crime of the century” for sounding so well and current 40 years later?

JOHN: The songs are well crafted, they are sequenced with much thought and the whole sound was helped by our producer/engineer, Ken Scott.

TLW: What special memories do you keep from that era?

JOHN: I have memories of countless long days and nights spent in the studio. Rick and I went to Paddington Station and Leicester Square to record sound effects for "Rudy" with a Nagra tape recorder.

TLW: It seems that the “Crime” deluxe package is having very good sales in Europe… Do you have any figures about it?

JOHN: No, it's too early for sales figures for the "Crime" deluxe.

TLW: The show at the Hammersmith Odeon from 1975 included on “Crime” deluxe had been moving around the fans for many years as an old bootleg, but it’s amazing how great it sounds now… Is it just attributable to the work done by Ken Scott or are there other keys?

JOHN: Ken Scott has done a great job mixing the original Hammersmith Odeon tapes. The bootleg versions of those tapes must have been from a demo or radio mix and were second or third generation, so their quality was poor.

TLW: The only negative issue with this new “Crime” is that it was not released the super-deluxe package including the DVD of Hammersmith…

JOHN: I think that Rick did not want the DVD released. I don't know why!

TLW: Is that film very different from the “Live in Paris 79” DVD you released in 2012?

JOHN: The filming was simpler than "Paris", which was four years later, because we were not quite as sophisticated in 1975. But the playing was raw and exciting.

TLW: Do you think this DVD could be released in the future?

JOHN: Yes, the DVD could be released in the future.

TLW: After the big success of “Breakfast in America” and “Crime of the century” deluxe packages, are there any plans by The Supertramp Partnership to release more deluxe packages for other albums?

JOHN: No, we do not have plans to release any packages for our other albums at this time.

TLW: A few years ago it was said that Universal Music was going to release a complete version of “Paris” containing the six songs that were not included on the original album… Do you have any news about this project?

JOHN: No news about extra "Paris" songs.

TLW: In February you was 70 years old… How did you live that special day? Did you organize a special event with family and friends?

JOHN: I went to Rome with my wife, Christine, and several friends for five days of art and food!

TLW: Can you share with the fans any picture from those days?

JOHN: Sure… In the photographs you can see me drinking champagne on my birthday and you can see me with our art and architecture guide, Caroline.

TLW: Haven’t you thought of recording a commemorative solo CD for this special date in your life?

JOHN: I may do some recording with my jazz group, Crème Anglaise, in June after we do a few local concerts in the north of England.

TLW: What did mean to you the greetings video that your fans set up for your 70th birthday?

JOHN: I was very happy to receive all the birthday greetings from fans in different parts of the world. It was an emotional moment for me!

TLW: How do you feel being 70?

JOHN: I do not feel 70. I think that music keeps me mentally younger!

TLW: In 1975 and 1986 you became a father being on tour with Supertramp, and in 2002 you became a grandfather just before the show in Barcelona… Will we see you becoming a great-grandfather on stage?  

JOHN: My grandson is soon to be a teenager, so maybe in about ten years or so I could become a great-grandfater.

TLW: Do you still see yourself recording and playing live for many years?

JOHN: I could still be “on stage” at age 80, although we may all be in wheel chairs!

TLW: Looking back, what are your best and worst memories from these 70 years of life and 42 years with Supertramp?

JOHN: Best memory: seeing the Count Basie Band in Manchester when I was about 14. It was totally inspiring to see and hear the saxophone section all stand up and play together. Worst memory: falling off my bicycle in California in 1981 and breaking my femur.

TLW: In November and December Supertramp will tour again. You’ll play 26 shows in Europe, being the half of them in France and Germany… Why only two shows in Spain, the third big European market for Supertramp?

JOHN: The tour was developed by our manager, Sue Davies, and I think that the venues chosen were the ones that were available when the tour was booked.

TLW: Is there any chance to play also some shows in Canada, USA or other places later?

JOHN: We do not have any plans yet to do more touring. But I would like to!

TLW: Do you know when and where the tour rehearsals will start?

JOHN: We will rehearse in Paris in late October.

TLW: But in the previous tour there were some rehearsals some months before the tour, and some more rehearsals just before the tour… This time you’ll only rehearse just before the tour?

JOHN: I do not know about extra rehearsals... I probably would not be involved with early vocal rehearsals. I will probably just rehearse in Paris.

TLW: Do you expect many new songs in the set-list?

JOHN: We will play one or two very early Supertramp songs as well as the usual ones. Rick is currently developing the show in the USA, where he lives.

TLW: What do you think about the return of Mark Hart on stage?

JOHN: Including Mark will add a lot to our vocal capability and his keyboard and guitar playing will broaden our tonal palate.

TLW: How do you think he’ll share the vocal tasks with Jesse Siebenberg and Gabe Dixon?

JOHN: Mark, Jesse and Gabe will all sing lead sometime.

TLW: Considering that there won’t be a new Supertramp studio album, is it likely that some shows of the tour will be recorded or filmed to release a live CD or DVD?

JOHN: I hope so!

TLW: Do you know if this time there were some conversations with Roger Hodgson as happened before the previous tour?

JOHN: No, there were no conversations with Roger when this tour was proposed.

TLW: Do you think that it will be the last Supertramp tour ever?

JOHN: Last tour? I do not know, but I hope not!
Celtic1981
Celtic1981
Dreamer
Dreamer

Message  bataille Mar 21 Avr - 15:17

Pour résumer, je ne suis pas le patron... C'est Sue qui décide de la tournée, Rick du contenu; je vais fêter mon 70eme anniversaire à Rome. J'espère qu'on va se faire un dvd de la tournée, j'espère que ce ne soit pas la dernière.
Mais bon, moi ce que j'en dis...

Voila, voila, rien de bien nouveau sous l'éclairage de cet interview...
bataille
bataille
Crazy
Crazy

Message  Celtic1981 Mer 22 Avr - 0:07

Si si, on pourrait avoir un ou deux très vieux morceaux, "summer romance", "lover boy" ou des morceaux d'"Indelibly Stamped". interview recente  de john  935969

JOHN: We will play one or two very early Supertramp songs as well as the usual ones.
Celtic1981
Celtic1981
Dreamer
Dreamer

Message  cannonphil Jeu 23 Avr - 15:02

Thanks for the translated interview! interview recente  de john  935969
cannonphil
cannonphil
Potter
Potter

Message  magicdavy Mar 28 Avr - 22:29

C'est sûr qu'en ne répétant que quelques jours avant le début de la tournée, il ne faut pas s'attendre à beaucoup de surprises.
Ce n'est pas une tournée pour les fans, plutôt pour ceux qui connaissent Supertramp de loin et qui vont venir passer un bon moment à écouter de la très bonne musique.
magicdavy
magicdavy
Crazy
Crazy

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé